Engineering is a broad term that covers a wide range of applications and industries. Combining mathematics, science and technology, engineers produce creative solutions to real world problems. As a result there are many different types of engineering degrees available.
In general engineering could be divided into four major branches: Mechanical, Chemical, Civil and Electrical, with sub branches of each discipline. Today however, the number of engineering degrees available have increased dramatically and literally hundreds of different subcategories of engineering under each branch.
Engineers typically specialize in one branch of the field. These professionals must be knowledgeable in math and science, and they must keep abreast of the latest technology and advancements in their specialties.
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aerospace Technology with Management
- Automotive Engineering
- Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Electronics
- Engineering – Architectural
- Engineering with Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Geological Engineering
- Information Technology
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering